WHAT COMES WITH THE PRODUCT
- Spencer street mesh riding pants – 1 no
- Sas Tec Knee Level 2 armour set
- Sas Tec Hip Level 2 armour
- Sas Tec Tailbone armour (Add on)
- Pant cover – 1 no
- Impact protection:
- Level 2 Armour for superior protection – Sas-Tec armours designed with special material that harden on impact while absorbing the energy but remain soft & flexible.
- Sas-Tec Knee Level 2 armour set
- Sas-Tec Hip Level 2 armour set
- Sas-Tec Tailbone armour (Add on)
- Original YKK™ zips – Original YKK zippers & pullers for extra durability and smooth operation of zips. Safe & secure buckle closure
- 180 Pant connector – Best in class coverage with 180 pant connector
- Dual layer Cordura on Impact zones
Things to keep in mind to ensure the measurements are taken correctly
- It will be helpful to have a family member or a friend take the measurements
- Please use flexible tape only, like a tailor’s tape
- All the measurements must be in the same units, whether cm or inches
- You should preferably be wearing base layers while taking measurements, and avoid wearing anything bulky.
STEP 1 – Measure using a tailor’s tape
There are two key measurements that you need to take into consideration for figuring out your pants size.
A) High hip – Wrap the tape around your belt line. Keep the tape parallel to the ground, not too loose or too tight.
B) In seam length – Hold a hard bound book between your legs, and then measure from the top edge of the book to the ankle.
STEP 2 – Find your pants size by checking measurements against the size chart provided
ViaTerra is the only brand offering riding pants with two in-seam lengths for each waist size – Short and Regular. So based on the in-seam measurements you can determine the type of fit for your height.
– If both the measurements do not fall in one particular size, use the in seam length to choose the pants size as waist can be adjusted using the belt-loop system provided.
Remember, each brand has its own body size charts, so do check the chart before you select the size.
Click here to watch a video explaining these steps
How to check if the armour is in the right position and how to make adjustments to ensure the armours stay in place while on the motorcycle?
If you are trying it on at the store, wear it for 5-10 min to get comfortable in it. Keep in mind that the Spencer is designed to work best in the riding posture – so other movements could feel restrictive. So check the fit of the pants on a chair or in a riding position.
STEP 1 – Check armour position
- The primary fit check has to be around the lower hip and the thighs.
- For the knee, take a seat and bend the knee. Once bent, ensure the armour is atleast 2 inch over the knee and is covering the sides of the knee equally.
- We have given a complete belt system to offer maximum adjustability around the waist. This also allows you to add the tailbone armour if you wish to.
STEP 2 – Adjust armour position
In case the pants fit is correct but the knee armour is slightly off, use the cinching mechanism to adjust and bring the armour closer to your body.
- To do so, first make sure the ladderlock is not on the same line as the webbing.
- Hold the ladderlock perpendicular to the webbing and simply pull them right or left to loosen or tighten the arms.
- You also have cinch straps on the hems for adjustment.
Keep in mind that the Spencer is designed to work best in the riding posture – so other movements could feel restrictive.
- Spencer mesh riding pants are the first to offer multiple inseam lengths of the same waist size. No more slapping or adjusting the armour to compensate for the extra length of the pants.
- The Spencer mesh riding pants offer unmatched ventilation, comfort and dexterity like no other. Designed for the ride with its pre-curved knees and ergonomically placed stretch panels, the Spencer enables you to move around with ease.
- With best in class CE Level 2 protection from Sas-Tec Germany and dual layer impact zones with Cordura panels, the Spencer is ready to shield you when required. The Spencer riding pants also come with the option to include tailbone protection.
- A good fitting riding pants should fit well with no additional adjustability. The FocusFit design of the Spencer offers unmatched fit and comfort allowing the armours to sit closer to the body without causing any discomfort. This is crucial to make sure the armours are in right place during a crash to absorb impact effectively.
- The Viaterra Spencer Riding Jacket and Pant feature matching 180 degree zipper connectors. This offers improved lumbar protection by holding a wider section of the jacket and pant together preventing them from riding apart during a crash.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Body armours/ protectors must always be removed before starting the washing process
CLEAN & CARE:
- For dirt and stains, clean with a soft-bristled brush and lukewarm water
- DO NOT USE HOT WATER
- DO NOT allow your pants to come in contact with solvents (do not use fabric softener!), fuel, or cleaning agents.
- DO NOT use any kind of CHEMICAL or ALCOHOL-BASED product.
- For longer life of the fabric, we recommend hand washing the pants using mild detergent Do not place your pants near, or come in contact with a direct heat source
- Dry the pants on a hanger away from direct sunlight where there is good ventilation.
- Zippers need to be cleaned and lubricated regularly – you can use vaseline or candle wax
- Make sure your pants are completely dry before you store it on a hanger.
- If stored wet or in a non-ventilated area as it allows mildew to grow on the fabric causing discoloration and damage
- Do not store the pants in air-tight plastic bags
12 months warranty against defects in materials or craftsmanship. Please click on Warranty policy and choose the relevant category for further details.